Saturday, October 5, 2013

Dick and Jane....

Last Sunday our church had a 50's day and cake auction.  I swear (not really) this event was put on just for me.  There are two things I love, BAKING and the 1950's!

I baked 9 deserts for the cake auction (two cheese cakes were ugly so they stayed home) and I dressed my family in 1950's attire.  Here are the results.








Outfit Ideas:
Hair Candy:  Borrowed from my daughter
Dress:  Bernie Dexter website (on sale, also sold at Modcloth)
Petticoat:  Pin Up Bootique
Earrings:  Modcloth
Glasses:  Amazon
Tights:  Capelli New York
Shoes:  Jeffery Campbell
Gloves:  Pin Up Bootique  
Purse:  Ebay
Lipstick:  Sephora Cream Lip Stain Always Red - 01







Dancing on Flair Socks in Black






My Daughters Outfit Ideas:
Hair Candy:  Borrowed off the dress
Scarf:  Pin Up Bootique
Dress:  Pin Up Bootique
Petticoat:  Pin Up Bootique
Shrug:  Pin Up Bootique
Belt:  Pin Up Bootique
Gloves:  Gymboree
Shoes:  Umi
Socks:  Modcloth
Earrings:  Pin Up Bootique


Twins Outfit Ideas:
Suit:  Hand Sewn by my mother off of a 1950's sewing pattern
Tie:  Hand sewn by my mother
Shirt:  Gymboree Outlet
Socks:  Gymboree Outlet
Shoes:  Florsheim 







And Some of the Goodies I Baked!

I made the following:

 Pineapple Hummingbird Cake
2 Maple Glaze Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake
3 Bittersweet Chocolate Cheesecakes (2 were too ugly to present)
Homemade Lemon Raspberry Sandwich Cookies
Chocolate Pecan Pie
Raspberry Lemon Cake


Prepping for baking!



Homemade Lemon Raspberry Sandwich Cookies


Raspberry Lemon Cake 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment